Friday, August 16, 2013

Happy 9th Birthday To Our Young Artist And Best Carrot Cake Recipe


Danielle turned 9!  She was very grateful that the Lord answered her prayer of riding a horse before her birthday.
image
She had a blessed day full of fun with friends and family.  Her aunt Martha gave her an artist set and she has been gladly and busily drawing.
image

Danielle likes horses.  She likes to draw horses too.  Therefore, she asked me if I could bake her a carrot cake because horses like to eat carrots as treats.
Her Dad's prayer is that she would be a straight arrow in the hands of the warrior.  He gave her a bow and arrow to remind her that she is to be straight and polished as the arrow to be able to hit the target.
image
I baked this two-tier carrot cake that we were pretty happy with, in spite of the fact that I made up the recipe as I went.  I thought I would do an ice cream cake if it didn't turned out.  I will surely make this again so I had to write down the recipe:
imageIngredients:
Cake:
3 C sprouted soft wheat flour
2 C rapadura sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 eggs or 3 jumbo eggs
1 1/2 C  of coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
3 C grated carrot
Frosting:
16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 C raw honey
2 tsp of orange zest
1 tsp vanilla
1.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Line 2 pie pans with parchment paper.
2.  In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients for the cake.  In a medium bowl, beat together all the remaining ingredients for the cake.  Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well.  Divide evenly between the three pans.
3.  Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cake bounces back when gently touched in the center.  While the cake bakes, use a wooden spoon to beat together the cream cheese, butter and lemon zest until smooth.  Add the remaining frosting ingredients and mix until smooth and lump free.
4.  Cool the cakes for 10 minutes in the pan, then invert onto a cooling rack.  Remove the pan and slowly peel away the wax/parchment paper liners.  Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Really, it was very delicious!  What's the point in making a cake and you can't enjoy it? Danielle loved it.  I can't wait for the next birthday.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Happy Birthday Danielle! That sounds like you had an amazing birthday. May the next year of life be filled with many beautiful moments and blessings for you. I would love to see your artist work one day :)

Hugs, Jana

Blessed Homestead said...

Thank you Jana, I had a really fun birthday. My aunt gifted me horseback riding lessons, too. I hope to see your baby soon.